5 minutes prep
10 minutes cook
412 calories per serve
Allergens: Recipe may contain gluten, wheat, yeast, milk and lactose.
- 1/2 French shallot or a brown or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, plus 1 tbsp finely chopped, extra
- 2 large (about 700g) Chicken Breasts, halved lengthways
- 300g mixed baby tomatoes, halved
- 4 (about 140g) bocconcini, sliced
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- Crusty bread, to serve
Combine the shallot, garlic, 1 tbs oil and the 1 tbsp extra basil in a bowl. Season. Heat the remaining oil in a large ovenproof non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken and cook, turning, for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove the pan from the heat.
Preheat the oven grill to high. Scatter the tomato around the chicken. Spread chicken with half the basil mixture. Top with the bocconcini and spoon over the remaining basil mixture. Drizzle tomato with vinegar and sprinkle with sugar. Season. Grill for 4 minutes or until the cheese melts and tomatoes blister. Sprinkle with the basil.
Serve with bread.